Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Avocado Pizza: Hodge Podge Goodness

I think I used a frozen vegetable mix called "Hodge Podge" for this, so the title is completely justified. Also, its moving season so my life and apartment are both 100% a hodge podge mess. Though maybe not as delicious as mixed frozen vegetables can be. And looking at this picture below, its pretty clear that the majority of this pizza is not frozen vegetables? Like hello avocados and mushrooms?


I thought about what I would talk about for this post, because I spend the majority of time on this blog talking about either my hate for finding natural lighting or some other random topic. Definitely not food, never! Have I ever actually described the taste or texture of an ice cream or pizza (wow my diet is so American) in a way that makes you go yum I want to eat? Probably not.


But I'll do what I do best, and make random comments and generalizations to the world of home cooking and dessert making. If its not obvious already, I started my kitchen adventures from the oven. From boxed cake mixes in high school to be specific. Baking has always been my favorite in part due to its lovely methodological ways. Which is funny since as a scientist, I follow a lot of protocols in lab, and then when I come home to relax, I follow more protocols essentially.


Cooking on the other hand initially terrified me (and kinda still does) for 2 simple facts 1) the ingredients lists seem way longer and detailed (like I have to buy A WHOLE JAR of oyster sauce for a "dash?") and 2) "to taste." Being a kitchen newbie and having to improvise ratios brought back awful memories of creative art projects in elementary school that looked akin to really sad clay volcanos. I've heard the other argument from people who started their adult lives cooking real food (unlike me) that cooking is easier in the sense that you can be messy and improvise ingredients without much backlash (like not including a dash of oyster sauce). It kinda speaks poorly to my ability to be creative that going off the grid makes me so nervous, so I'll have to work on that whole taking risks in life thing, starting first with pizza toppings.



Avocados are delicious in all forms, though I have to admit that warm is usually not my preferred route, but would still make it again.
Whole wheat honey pizza dough from Budget Bytes.

No comments:

Post a Comment